Welcome to Griffins - Year 3
September 2021 - July 2022
* Mr Bedford is the class teacher for Griffins class.
* Mrs Montgomery will teach the class on a Friday afternoon. During this time, she will cover RE (Religious Education and PSHE (Physical, Social, Health and Economic Education).
* From the Spring term, the children in Griffins will have PE on Mondays and Thursdays. On Monday this will take place Indoors and on Thursday this will take place Outdoors.
* Please make sure the children have appropriate attire as the weather gets colder.
Spring Term - 2022
Welcome to the Spring Term. This term we will be learning all about 'Opposing Forces.
In Spring Term 1 the Griffins will be exploring and developing their knowledge and understanding in Computing, History, Music, Art and French each week.
In Spring Term 2 the Griffins will be exploring and developing their knowledge and understanding in Geography, Computing, Design and Technology and French each week.
Please follow the link below to find out what the Griffins will be learning and exploring in the Spring Term.
Spellings: Spring Term 2022
Homework timetable (Beginning Friday 7th January 2022)
* Wednesday - Times table Rockstars (10 minutes), Children will also be given a few times table facts to learn each week. They will then be checked on these the following Wednesday.
* Thursday – Spelling check,
* Friday – New spellings given out, these should be practised every night. A copy of the spellings can also be found on the class page.
Although your child is probably becoming much more independent with their reading, it is still important for them to read regularly with an adult in order to continue building their fluency and understanding. Gold reading pins will be given out to every child who has their homework planner signed by an adult three or more times each week.
As the children are becoming more independent with their reading, please support us in encouraging them to change their books once they have completed the AR quiz, as there is no set day in Key Stage 2 for book changes.
If your child doesn’t feel confident doing this for themselves, they can let an adult in the class know they need to change their books.
Autumn Term - 2021