Welcome to the Wizards
September 2021 - July 2022
* Miss Nobbs is the class teacher and is supported by Mrs Tanner.
* Mr Rosser teaches on a Monday and will be teaching Science, PSHE and RE. Mr Rosser will be teaching the Wizards on a Wednesday afternoon and will be delivering Computing and PE in Spring Term 1. Mr Rosser will also be teacher the Wizards on a Thursday afternoon and will be teaching Design and Technology and a further PE lesson .
* From the Spring Term the Phonic Reading Books will be changed every Thursday but the Accelerated Reading Books can be changed any day once the Wizards have read and completed a quiz. The Wizards should continue to reread their phonics book multiple times to aid them in their reading fluency.
* Accelerated Reader (AR) books will have a number on its spine. These books should also be read at home and a quiz should be completed at home using the link below (login details are inside reading diaries). Please write in the comments section of the reading record when the quiz has been completed and the score, this will indicate that the book needs to be changed. The Wizards will be supported to change their own AR book.
* The Wizards will need to bring their book bags and reading books into school every day
* Red Spelling books will need to be brought into school every Thursday. Spelling books will be marked and new spellings will be given out on Fridays.
Summer Term 2022
Welcome to the Summer Term. This term we will be exploring our learning through the theme 'Up, Up and Away.
In Summer Term 1 the Wizards will be exploring and developing their knowledge and understanding in History, Art and Design and Music each week.
In Summer Term 2 the Wizards will be exploring and developing their knowledge and understanding in Geography, Design and Technology and Computing each week
Please follow the link below to find out what the Wizards will be learning and exploring in the Summer Term.
Spring Term - 2022
Welcome to the Spring Term. This term we will be learning all about 'Animals around the World.'
In Spring Term 1 the Wizards will be exploring and developing their knowledge and understanding in Computing, Geography and Design and Technology each week.
In Spring Term 2 the Wizards will be exploring and developing their knowledge and understanding in Geography, Art and Design and Music each week.
Please follow the link below to find out what the Wizards will be learning and exploring in the Spring Term.
Talk for Writing
This term the Wizards will be learning to retell the story of 'Meerkat Mail.'
Autumn Term - 2021
Useful Website Links
Talk 4 Writing
As part of our 1st week in Year 1 the Wizards have been learning to retell the poem 'Ten Things in a Wizard's Pocket' by Ian McMillan.
Take a look at the text and text map and see if you can retell the poem using actions.
Ten Things Found in a Wizard’s Pocket
A dark night.
Some words that nobody could ever spell.
A glass of water full to the top.
A large elephant.
A vest made from spider’s webs.
A handkerchief the size of a car park.
A bill from the wand shop.
A bucket full of stars and planets, to mix with the dark night.
A bag of magic mints you can suck for ever.
A snoring rabbit.